Friday, December 10, 2010

Random Thoughts and Procrastination



I’m currently reading Tucker Max’s “I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell” during my study ‘breaks’ and I’m pretty hooked on the content. For those that don’t know, this book is about an obnoxious Duke Law school student and his hilarious real-life tales of drunkenness. To any guy that is bored and reading my post, I assure you that you will get a kick out of his stories. Obviously, not all the tales are funny, but they’re still interesting in their own ways.

If you haven’t read the book already (it’s old), you can find it on Pirate Bay or you can just read some stories on Tuckermax.com. Girls might like the content as well, but that’s probably not likely since he’s blunt and misogynistic about the women that he deals with in the stories. 

I tried to share these stories (which I thought were hilarious) with my girlfriend and her friends, but it didn’t translate very well to “girl-speak” and they just found it repulsive. My girl (henceforth known as Ivz, Ivzo, or Douchebaguette) constantly tells me that I need to stop telling her friends stories that only guys would find hilarious, and I think she’s right, but it’s just too tempting to stop.

Every time they try watching something of sentimental value or one of their chick-shows (i.e. – 90210) with me around, I try to ruin it by throwing in some gratuitous vulgarity. By “some”, I mean “a constant stream of”. 

Yeah, I'm supposed to be believe that this douchebag is 17.
 They know I’m just messing around though, but any guys out there stuck watching girly shows should be doing this – it’s just fun to do, and if you’re forced to sit through hell, then you might as well make the best of it. This is of course assuming that you hate girl-shows, and would rather shoot yourself than watch 28 year old actors play 17 year old high school students.

I tried to sit through one episode of each of these types of shows, I really did, but its always the same damn plots.

Its either about someone cheating on their boyfriend, someone having sex with a teacher, someone being a closet homosexual, someone hiding a secret, someone revealing a secret, or someone killing someone else either purposely or by accident.

Every. Single. Show.

I would know because I've sat through exactly one (or more) episodes of Glee, 90210, and Gossip Girl, and had the same reaction to each of them. I guess the only saving grace was that I could make fun of an entirely new group of 28 year olds playing high school students each time. I must say that Blair (yes, I know her by name, kill me now) from Gossip Girl  is pretty attractive so I wouldn't mind watching her scenes.


It's safe to say that I'd rather sit through watching a two hour NASCAR event on TV than watch these shows. I'd rather cheer for Lebron James to be an NBA champion than watch these shows. Actually, no, that's taking it too far. I take it back; I would never want LeSidekick to win a ring.

I'd rather keep it this way, never mind.

Anyway, my point is that girls definitely have a different sense of humour than us guys do - I’ve learned that it’s just a fact of life. For example, while I find the concept of a guy taking a dump on some girl’s toilet tank as revenge for something she did to his friend as hilarious (a story from Tucker Max); they do not.

We are not the same. 

--------------------------------

Next post preview: Study breaks during exam time, how we inadvertently waste more time than we actually study, and the best music to study to. 


No comments:

Post a Comment